Thursday 23 May 2013

Diabetes Blog Week Day 7: Spread the Love

As another Diabetes Blog Week draws to a close, let’s reflect on some of the great bloggers we’ve found this week. Give some love to three blog posts you’ve read and loved during Diabetes Blog Week, and tell us why they’re worth reading. Or share three blogs you’ve found this week that are new to you. (Thanks to Pearlsa of A Girl's Reflections for inspiring this topic.)


You know, this plan I had to read all the Blog Week posts in time to do this topic would work so much better if I didn't have to do this pesky job thing. Or end up with the lurgee mid way through the week.  However, both of those things have conspired against me, so I'm going to pick three posts I enjoyed reading this week, but there are so many more I haven't had time to read yet that I feel I'm missing a lot of excellent blogs out.

That being said, of the ones I've read so far the following three  (and so hard to narrow it down to three!) are all bloggers new to me and have been my favourites:

I love reading about people who have great doctors, and I really love the description of how trying to balance life and diabetes doesn't always fall in favour of diabetes, and that her consultant understands that. :)


Targoglycemia by Ninjabetic   

I loved this, it really made me smile,  Swap Target for "major supermarket chain of your choice" and this is me!  I've had some of my worst hypos in supermarkets - there must be something going on!

Share and Don't Share by 1type1

I love reading about people who have great doctors, and I really love the description of how trying to balance life and diabetes doesn't always fall in favour of diabetes, and that her consultant understands that. :) 

 The Next Day by diaturgy

I found this post fascinating, because it both stuck a chord with me, and didn't.  I've grown up with diabetes, and it's always been part of who I am and I'm fine with that.  I find it really interesting to read about people who feel differently, to understand their point of view.  I also loved the emphasis on non-physical achievements, ones that just get a little bit better every day without a defined end point. :)

I'd also like to thank Karen over at bittersweetdiabetes, for continuing to organise this week, coming up with some amazing and thought-provoking topics, and bring the DOC closer together.  If you have time, go take a look at some of the awesome posts from this week (a link to the topics and post lists is here)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the love! I really appreciate it. The great thing about this blog week is that it shows us we're all so different, yet all connected in many ways. (PS: Love the name of your blog; perfectly describes the diabetes experience.)

    ReplyDelete